Welcome to the Hummingbot Newsletter!
Published each month when we ship a new Hummingbot release, this newsletter serves a regular dose of updates about our latest features 🤖, upcoming events 🎉, and announcements from our rapidly expanding global 🌐 community!
➡️ Subscribe to never miss any new issue.
🚀 Shipped Hummingbot v1.5.0!
We are very excited to ship the June 2022 Hummingbot release (v1.5.0) today! This release adds a number of new exchange connectors, such as Bybit spot and CoinFLEX perpetual, along with new DEX connectors for TraderJoe and SushiSwap. In addition, the Gate.io, OKX, and Bitmart connectors have been updated to the latest connector standards,
This release also introduces the new Fixed Grid Strategy which is also the first community strategy created under the Developer Grant proposal HGP-4.
📒 May 2022 monthly report
We continue to publish a monthly report that lists the sources and uses of funds for the Hummingbot Foundation, treasury balance, and reported trade volume per exchange.
Read the May 2022 report.
📊 [New Repo] Hummingbot StreamLit Apps
Initially, the repo contains two apps that can help Hummingbot users find opportunities and analyze their trades:
- XE Token Analyzer: Find cross exchange market making and arbitrage opportunities by visualizing the spread vs volume per exchange for various tokens (see example chart above).
- Hummingbot DB: helps you inspect the trades stored in local Hummingbot sqlite DB files.
Check out this link for the deployed app, as well as the tutorial video below.
Just like the repositories maintained by Hummingbot Foundation, StreamLit Apps is free and open source. We welcome new data apps, bug fixes, and improvements by the Hummingbot community!
📚 [New repo] Awesome-Hummingbot community repo
Wait, another new open source Hummingbot repo??? 🧑🚀👩🚀🚀
Boom!!! Inspired by MakerDAO and other crypto projects who have compiled community resources with Github, we are excited to share the initial version of Awesome-Hummingbot, a community-oriented Github repo with all the links that relate to the Hummingbot ecosystem.
If anyone has links to tools, resources, articles or contributions related to Hummingbot, please submit a pull request, and if it’s helpful to the community, we’ll happily merge it in.
🔑 HBOT Tokens Now on Avalanche C-Chain via Nomad
CoinAlpha and Hummingbot Foundation teams have been working with Nomad Protocol and we are thrilled to announce that the bridge is now live, with HBOT tokens being the first asset bridged between Avalanche and Ethereum via Nomad!
- Avalanche HBOT token contract:
- HBOT token on SnowTrace
- Nomad Bridge app
Nomad is a security-first, cross-chain interoperability protocol, offering a bridge solution that aims to reduce gas costs by 90% as compared to a traditional header relay.
Refer on this blog post for more information.
🤖 HummingHuman: a technical collaboration between Hummingbot and HUMAN Protocol
Earlier this month, we have announced a partnership with our friends at Human Protocol to incentivize our respective developer communities to build a system that verifies and rewards on-chain work.
Initially, the system will focus on verifying DEX liquidity and volume, enabling projects to incentivize on-chain "proof of liquidity."
Together, we aim to build public infrastructure that rewards proven, verified work from any source, bot or human.
Please see this Commonwealth Thread for more information.
☎️ July Community Call
In order to showcase new exchanges / strategies added to the Hummingbot codebase and to engage with our community more broadly, we have started to hold regular Community Calls on our Discord server.
When: Tuesday July 5th, 3pm GMT / 8am PST
Where: Hummingbot Discord - event link
- Epoch 1 review and planned improvements
- Demo Gateway in detail during the call
- BotCamp AMA
📓 New documentation pages
Recent improvements to the Humminngbot documentation include:
- New ℹ️ More Resources section for each strategy page that help users run strategies more confidently (example)
- Lists of the AMM DEXs and CLOB DEXs that are being added to Gateway
- Docs for the new Fixed Grid Strategy
- New Setting up Gateway guide
- New Gateway developer docs
- New developer docs for building CEX connectors: Building Exchange Connectors and Connector QA Testing
- New documentation for Scripts with examples for both the new, generalized version and the still-supported PMMScripts that only worked with the PMM strategy.
- Active Governance Proposals lists HGPs that have been approved and are currently active, while HBOT Allocation Report gives the community an overview of how HBOT tokens have been allocated.
- Staging Bug Hunt describes the process for testing monthly release candidates and how the community can earn HBOT tokens for finding and fixing bugs!
❌ Don’t fall for HBOT scams!
Finally, we have seen reports of scammers DM-ing users on Discord, Twitter and other channels advertising fake HBOT token sales.
Hummingbot Foundation has never conducted any pre-sale or sale of HBOT tokens, and anyone purporting to offer HBOT tokens is a scammer.
The only way to get HBOT tokens from the Foundation is to earn them via approved Hummingbot Governance Proposals and Hummingbot Improvement Proposals.
Further, there was a series of bot spammers that joined the community and impersonated the names & profile of Hummingbot Foundation team members.
Please report any such scams to our community managers on Discord, and we will ban them immediately and notify our community.